Feather River Charter School is a tuition-free, public charter school serving transitional kindergarten through 12th grade homeschool students in Sacramento, Yolo, Yuba, Sutter, Butte, Colusa, and Placer Counties. We take great pride in being able to offer our students flexible personalized learning experiences through our many unique and dynamic programs.
The mission of Feather River Charter School is to improve the academic achievement of children in Sutter County and adjacent counties. The mission will be accomplished through a virtual and project-based curriculum model that emphasizes hands on and experiential learning, which focuses on meeting individual students’ needs, while helping them become proficient at the California Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and California Contents.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
At Feather River Charter School, we have goals for our students that are known as Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs). SLOs are a part of our school culture: they reflect our school vision, the College and Career Readiness standards, and the education of the whole child.
Feather River Students Are:
- Navigators of the Digital World - Navigators of the digital world who are proficient in the use of technology, media, and online resources.
- Self-Directed - Self-directed and motivated students who are able to set attainable goals to achieve academic success.
- Personalized Learners - Personalized learners who are able to thrive in the style of education that best fits their individual needs.
- Independent Critical Thinkers - Independent critical thinkers who have the ability to problem solve, take ownership, and apply their knowledge to a variety of problems.
- Responsible Citizens - Responsible citizens who demonstrate integrity and respect while actively seeking knowledge of local and global issues.
- Effective Communicators - Effective communicators who can thoughtfully articulate their thinking with confidence while collaborating with peers.
A message from our Executive Director:
Dear Homeschool Family,
Welcome! It is our hope that you and your family will find support and encouragement, a variety of homeschool information and resources, and important school contact information on this site.
At Feather River, we are all members of one homeschool family and we love to share the homeschool heart with those we interact with. We understand that learning is a never ending adventure and can take place in many different settings and at any time of the day. We believe deeply in the idea of supporting each child's learning style and each parent’s teaching style. We value each and every one of our homeschool families and we are here to serve, support, encourage, and inspire community within our school. We are both student and parent driven and our hope and heart intention is to listen, research, and create a collaborative learning environment that helps ensure the best personalized learning experience for every student and family.
Additionally, we understand that without our homeschool families, we wouldn’t have a charter school. We will always value and listen to our families suggestions and opinions and would love to hear from you to ensure that we are achieving our goal of fully supporting our homeschool families. Please click here to share your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and questions with us!
Partnering with you,
Executive Director, Feather River Charter School